Study on teacher training (primary and secondary school) by ICT in sub-Saharan Africa
The French Development Agency (AFD), the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), and the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) chose EFFIOS to carry out a study on the main operational lessons learned from external evaluations of teacher training projects (primary and secondary schools) using information and communication technologies for education (ICT) in sub-Saharan Africa, as well as a review of the scientific literature on this subject.
Our intervention - methodology
- Preliminary research and definition of a methodology: identification of teacher training projects using ICT in sub-Saharan Africa (French-speaking and English-speaking) carried out in the last ten years
- Data analysis, translation, and presentation
- Drafting of a practical guide to support the Ministries of Education and their partners in the design and implementation of teacher training strategies and programs with the support of the TICE
Other references in strategy
- Support for the Gestionnaire d’Accès aux Ressources: strategy, incubation and generalization (MENJ, 2016-2019).
- Study on the opportunity for the creation of an organization pooling public and private efforts in the production and distribution of digital resources for schools (CNI, 2018).
- Digital strategy and alignment of information systems (Fondation Alliance Française, 2017).
- Digital Strategy for Higher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa (MAEDI, 2015).
- Support for the economic model of MOOCs carried by the operator France Université Numérique (MESR, 2014).
- Implementation of digital strategies for university performance (CDC/CPU, 2013).
- E-commerce strategy for the Centre national d’enseignement à distance (CNED, 2013).
- Support on the strategic plan of l’Agence de mutualisation des Universités (AMUE, 2012).